Whether you are just visiting Cape May for the day or vacationing in town there is always something to do. Check out these fun things to do while in town.
- Trolley rides – Cape May’s Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts and Humanities offers a range of trolley rides exploring the historic town of Cape May in addition to neighboring West Cape May and Cape May Point. From the Mansions by the Sea Trolley Tour to the popular Children’s Trolley to the Ghosts of the Lighthouse Trolley, the red and green trolley is a fun way to see Cape May from different perspectives.
- Climb the lighthouse – The Cape May Lighthouse is one of 18 lighthouses in New Jersey. It is worth the 199-step climb to the top. During the summer, night climbs are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Stick around to take a peak at the nearby free nature and visitors center as well as the beach bunker.
- Kayaking is a fun way to see Cape May from the water and are available from Cape May Nature Center on Delaware Avenue and the Utsch’s Marina. Guided kayak tours are available or explore on your own.
- Get on board one of Cape May’s whale and dolphin tours to get close to the marine life that enjoys the waters off of Cape May.
- Salt Marsh Safari offers skimmer boat tours that leave from the South Jersey Marina. Trip Advisor ranks this as the number one thing to do in Cape May with good reason. Participants get a close up look at the inhabitants of the surrounding salt marshes. Kids in particular will have a great deal of fun with this hands on excursion.
- Sunset Beach is located in Cape May Point and is a poplar spot to hunt for Cape May diamonds. While swimming isn’t allowed on this rocky beach it is a must-see spot. Stay for a while to dig for Cape May diamonds, play a round of mini golf or just enjoy the view of the sunken concrete ship the SS Atlantus before it disappears forever. A short walk up Sunset Boulevard is the World War II Lookout Tower.
- The Washington Street Mall is a hub of quaint shops and eateries. Sit for a bit and enjoy a free sample of fudge or an ice cream cone. On summer evenings the mall is buzzing with visitors.
Need a Cape May Vacation Rental for your vacation? Check out some of the finest rentals in Cape May at www.CapeMayVacationRentals.com